Friday, March 21, 2008

Purge this!

Today is the first day of my five day vacation from the pills, but like always there's a caveat to that- this time the ominously named "Purge".
I started my morning as usual with my "upside down coffee break" and then began my purge. The recipe calls for drinking a tablespoon of epsom salts dissolved in water three times in a one hour period. Simple right? Well, if you've never had the displeasure of drinking epsom salts let me just say that if I was faced with a decision of whether to drink a glass of epsom salts or a glass of my own urine, I would actually have to think about it. I have never questioned compliance with this program until now, but I have to confess that the thought did cross my mind more than once this morning. Actually three times to be exact.
Now with that experience behind me I have to ingest nothing but a gallon of punch made from orange, grapefruit, and lemon juice mixed with water for the rest of the day. A glass every hour in fact. Oh, I forgot- I can eat an orange for dinner. Better pull out the good china for that one.
And I get to repeat the whole process again tomorrow. Pulling out the heavy artillery from my weapons arsenal this time!
On a positive note, I'm going to a Reiki Circle with my fabulous cousin later and my good friend is in from NY. Isn't life great?

No comments: