Saturday, May 3, 2008

The bright side of the moon

The results of the MRI and PET CT scans are in, and the news is AMAZING! It's better than I could have ever anticipated that after only three months on Dr. Gonzalez' enzyme therapy protocol my liver mets have "resolved". Roughly translated that means gone, see ya, buh-bye! Hello, healthy liver. I could say it a million ways, but to keep the redundancy to a minimum I'll just say that I'm over the moon and I like it here!
My bone mets are stable with no new lesions seen, so that's also a blessing as bone mets can be very aggressive. Dr. Gonzalez also explained to me that bone can look metabolically active on a PET even while it's healing, which makes sense as bone heals via metabolic activity. So in other words, my bones could be healing and remodeling, with cells laying down more bone, which would simply show up as activity on the PET and therefore be misinterpreted as still being cancer. I'm definitely going with that one.
At any rate, I'm so happy and grateful for all the things that make living a beautiful thing. I'm living my life for this moment and all it has to offer. I'm blessed with an amazing array of family and friends who have been and continue to be an integral part of my journey. Thank you for all your love and support.
I've made so many wonderful new friends on my journey, mostly as a result of landing in Kris Carr's CSL community of hope and love. There I've been lucky enough to have been able to learn and share, to give and receive love, prayers, great advice, laughter, pain, and most importantly hope. So thank you Kris for creating this haven for healing and to my friend Eileen for sending me Kris' book. Your thoughtful expression of kindness set off a chain reaction which would become an essential part of my healing journey.
Love and eternal light to all!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I have tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you!!! I will give you a call this week to catch up. Keep going strong. Love ya!!!

cancer cowgirl xo said...

YOU are the inspiration! YOU are the change we need to see in the world. We all love you soooo much honey! xoxoxox Kris Carr