Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crosses to bear

This week brings the first scans since I began my treatment. I hate like hell to put all that toxic crap in my detoxed body, but at this point they are a necessary evil. I ask everyone to pray to whatever higher power you believe in or the universe or just cross body parts for me. I can use all the energy and karma I can get.
I had an abdominal MRI yesterday and Thursday is the pelvic PET CT. The person at the hospital rattled off a long list of what I shouldn't eat for 24 hours in advance, none of which I eat 24 days in advance or 24 months in advance, so at least that was easy. No sugar. check. No flour. check. No bread. check. You get the picture. Now if they said no veggies, then I'd be in trouble.
I'm trying hard to stay present and not allow my mind to go to those dark places. I'm staying positive. I've got options and plan B's, so it's all good! Life is beautiful and my amazing, awesome son turned 18 today. He's grown into such a wonderful person and I feel a surge of love so strong every time I look at him. He even has a PH in the purple range. I mean, what more can a mom ask for?
Well, it's kind of hard to type with your fingers crossed and I can't see what I'm typing with my eyes crossed, so I guess I'll go to bed now.

3 comments:

Nick said...

hey Jill, you'll do great whatever happens! The scans won't make you any different than you are today, and you have a huge cheering section wishing you well from the sidelines!

(all this is somewhat easy for me to say since my next scans are still a few weeks off...so I know what you're going through -- hang in there!)

Nick

Carrie Nicole said...

Hey Jill,

Sending you lots of positive vibes and healing energy! Fingers and toes crossed for you. Keep us posted! Hugs

Elizabeth M. said...

Jill - Just found you on CSC. you are great! I've just added your blog to the blogroll on my blog.
http://wwww.mehok.wordpress.com
Loved the upside down coffee break comment. Still laughing! :) I've been doing them. and juicing and other alternative treatments since I was diagnosed last year. It's great to find you