Friday, February 29, 2008

You are what you eat? I hope not!

After much ado, the alternative treatment winner is...enzyme therapy. The treatment is a nutritional one consisting of high doses of porcine (as in oink) pancreatic enzymes, supplements, coffee enemas, and a customized, organic diet.
I take pills around the clock. I actually set my alarm for 3:30 AM to down 16 pig pancreas pills (can you say that 5 times fast?) through a sleep deprived haze. The idea is to sock it to the cancer constantly. My life is like "beat the clock" because the enzymes need to be separated from food by at least one hour.
I'm not complaining, though, because I'm lucky to have these weapons in my arsenal. War is never easy, and cancer is a formidable foe. Plus, I get 5 days vacation from the pills every month. How lucky am I?

3 comments:

Dee said...

Five whole days?!! That's just excitement in a bundle waiting to burst!

Jill said...

Oh the things that excite me these days! Who would've thunk?
Of course what I didn't say is that during these five days I'm doing one of three different detox cleanses so it's not technically a vacation. I just completed "the clean sweep" and next up is the ominously named "purge". Stay tuned!

Nick said...

Hi Jill,

Good luck with the enzyme treatment -- it is definitely the most promising of the alternative treatments out there! I'm using it to treat my prostate cancer and am keeping my fingers crossed for both of our successes!

Nick
http://nickshealth.blogspot.com